December 1st 2023
- Division 9 field trip Whistler Public Library
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities: Click here to learn more about this day.
- Kindie Hearing and Dental Screening
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women: Click here to learn more about this day.
- Collab Day: Early Dismissal 11:45am
- PAC meeting: Millar Room 8:30am
- Staff meeting 3pm Library
- Trinkets and Treasures: Alex Philip Lounge
- First Day of Hanukkah: Click here to learn more about Hanukkah
Next Thursday December 7th is the annual Trinkets & Treasures to raise money for WCSS.
Could you please ask all students bring a pillowcase to wrap their family gifts in. Most of the younger classes remember this but very few of the older students do so if you could remind them I would greatly appreciate it as we only have a couple to
Students can purchase gifts for people who live in their house year round, and one stuffed animal for a pet.
All items are $2 each.
- Bikes MUST be walked at all times on school property, with the exception of the actual roadways in the parking lot and bike loop. There should never be anyone riding any sort of bike on a sidewalk, a walkway or a crosswalk for any reason. Bikes should be dismounted from at the bottom of the Valley Trail hill (in the parking lot area), and before the green garbage can in the bus loop area.
- Bikes on the roadways MUST follow traffic laws and the flow of traffic. The bus loop must be entered on the same side a car would enter and ridden through in the same direction a car would go, and the parking lot should be ridden through in the same direction as cars drive.
- If a staff member asks you to dismount from your bike for any reason that staff member must be treated in a respectful manner and the direction must be followed.
- When dropping off or picking up in the bus loop parents must remain IN THEIR CARS at all times. This means no helping little ones with seatbelts, backpacks, or walking them to their classrooms. It is integral for safety that while in the bus loop the driver is always in the vehicle and behind the wheel.
- Parking in the bus loop is also prohibited. This is a quick drop off or pick up area. If you need to park please continue to the parking lot to do so.
- Children are walking through the parking lot all the time, please slow down to ensure safety.