November 3rd 2023
Dear Myrtle Philip community,
The Myrtle Philip Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) is pleased to bring you the Fall Fundraiser in partnership with Neufeld Farms.
Please share this link with any friends, family, colleagues or neighbors outside of the Myrtle Philip community! Open to everyone.
Neufeld Farms provides local, gourmet frozen meats, ready made meals and desserts at great value. Looking for a quick and easy breakfast as you run out the door? Don't feel like cooking after a long day on the hill? Planning those Christmas parties and need some yummy desserts and appetizers? Looking to stock your freezer with some high quality, local, great value meats? This fundraiser has you covered!
All orders are online at: https://app.neufeldfarms.ca/fundraising/2023-myrtle-philip-community-school/ref/em
Orders will be open until end of day on Monday, November 13.
View our Gourmet Foods. All of your favorites are just a click away...
Orders can be paid with etransfer to [email protected] or paid by credit card (additional surcharge applies).
All orders must be picked up on Thursday, November 23, 2:30 to 3:00pm. If you are unable to pick up your order at this time, please make arrangements with a friend to pick up on your behalf. As food is frozen, all orders must be picked up at this time to maintain food safety.
A portion of the proceeds goes to support the Myrtle Philip PAC. Every year, the PAC supports enrichment activities for our students including classroom funds, field trip support, art programs, sports and wellness activities and more. Thanks to the generous support of the community, last year we raised over $10,000 in our fall fundraiser which we used to fund technology upgrades for our students including iPads and Visionboards (smart boards for classrooms). This year, funds raised will continue to support activities for our students as well as additional technology and library upgrades.
Please note, orders request student/player/participant name. This information is not required.
See photos for inspiration of some of the customer favourites!
If you have any issues or questions, please email the PAC at [email protected].
Thank you for your support!
Myrtle Philip PAC
Next Week at a Glance
Monday November 6th
Tuesday November 7th
Wednesday November 8th
- EA Meeting 8:15am
- Fire Drill 10:00am
Thursday November 9th
- Photo Retakes
Friday November 10th
- Remembrance Day Assembly 11am
Bikes On School Grounds
Here at Myrtle Philip we have a few rules regarding bikes on school property. These rules are intended to keep our students safe while on school grounds. All adults and children on school property during school time as well as during drop off and pick up must follow these following safety rules.
All on duty staff will be expected to enforce these rules and it is expected that they be spoken to in a respectful manner when doing so.
These rules are in place for all types of bikes at all times of the year. Types of bikes may include, but are not limited to standard bikes, e-bikes, bikes with chariots, skateboards, scooters, and anything else that may resemble a bike in any capacity.
- Bikes MUST be walked at all times on school property, with the exception of the actual roadways in the parking lot and bike loop. There should never be anyone riding any sort of bike on a sidewalk, a walkway or a crosswalk for any reason. Bikes should be dismounted from at the bottom of the Valley Trail hill (in the parking lot area), and before the green garbage can in the bus loop area.
- Bikes on the roadways MUST follow traffic laws and the flow of traffic. The bus loop must be entered on the same side a car would enter and ridden through in the same direction a car would go, and the parking lot should be ridden through in the same direction as cars drive.
- If a staff member asks you to dismount from your bike for any reason that staff member must be treated in a respectful manner and the direction must be followed.
It is important that these rules be consistently followed in order to be permitted to continue riding a bike on school property.
Dropping off and picking up our children from school can be a stressful time. It is important that we make sure that they are getting to where they need to go safely. Here are the following parking guidelines for drop off and pick up.
- When dropping off or picking up in the bus loop parents must remain IN THEIR CARS at all times. This means no helping little ones with seatbelts, backpacks, or walking them to their classrooms. It is integral for safety that while in the bus loop the driver is always in the vehicle and behind the wheel.
- Parking in the bus loop is also prohibited. This is a quick drop off or pick up area. If you need to park please continue to the parking lot to do so.
- Children are walking through the parking lot all the time, please slow down to ensure safety.