October 20th 2023
- Division 2: Field Trip to Camp Summit
- PAC Movie Night 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Doors open at 6:15pm (not sooner!)
- Movies at 6:30pm and Pick-up at 8:15pm
- Children grade 3 and younger must be accompanied by an adult (3:1 please).
- Admission is by a suggested donation of $5/child
- There will be pizza, snacks and drinks for sale. Please bring cash 🙂
Regarding our Grizzly visitor, we are currently following the advice of the conservation officers (with whom we have been in contact with a few times daily since Tuesday morning). They have no plan to relocate the bear at this point, Grizzly bears are endangered and don't do well being relocated. They have committed to being present during break times and at the end of the day to keep eyes on the bear at all times as well as an extra barrier to ensure students don’t get any closer than the spiderweb. They have assured us that the spiderweb is a safe distance. If we see the bear in the morning and then don’t see him at break times we will keep the children in.
Our plan if the bear begins to head towards where the children are playing is for the EAs to blow their whistles and children are expected to drop what they are doing and head inside. We have communicated this with all of the children and teachers. Currently he hasn’t left the back of the lower field and the COs are sure he will not head towards 300 screaming children. We’re also planning a drill for this plan next week.
Despite having less room than normal to play during breaks, the children have plenty of room and are using this opportunity to play with those they may not normally interact with during break times.
Please call the RAPP line or use the online reporting tool if you have concerns about the plan and feel free to connect with us if you are looking for an alternative option for your child.
Call 1-877-952-7277 (RAPP) or #7277 on the TELUS Mobility Network. If the situation is not an emergency, report the incident online or contact the nearest Conservation Officer Service district office.
- Bikes MUST be walked at all times on school property, with the exception of the actual roadways in the parking lot and bike loop. There should never be anyone riding any sort of bike on a sidewalk, a walkway or a crosswalk for any reason. Bikes should be dismounted from at the bottom of the Valley Trail hill (in the parking lot area), and before the green garbage can in the bus loop area.
- Bikes on the roadways MUST follow traffic laws and the flow of traffic. The bus loop must be entered on the same side a car would enter and ridden through in the same direction a car would go, and the parking lot should be ridden through in the same direction as cars drive.
- If a staff member asks you to dismount from your bike for any reason that staff member must be treated in a respectful manner and the direction must be followed.
- When dropping off or picking up in the bus loop parents must remain IN THEIR CARS at all times. This means no helping little ones with seatbelts, backpacks, or walking them to their classrooms. It is integral for safety that while in the bus loop the driver is always in the vehicle and behind the wheel.
- Parking in the bus loop is also prohibited. This is a quick drop off or pick up area. If you need to park please continue to the parking lot to do so.
- Children are walking through the parking lot all the time, please slow down to ensure safety.