January 13th 2023
- Kindergarten and Late French Immersion registration begins (register here for the 2023/2024 school year)
- SSTA Professional Development Day
FI Registration 2 by Katrina Lowe on Scribd
STUDENT AND FAMILY AFFORDABILITY FUND
We would like to update you on the grant from the Ministry of Education and Childcare to make back-to-school more affordable for students and their families struggling with rising costs of living due to global inflation. We are mindful that many families in our community are struggling with the increased cost of living. We want every family to know that they are eligible for financial assistance through the Student & Family Affordability fund, no questions asked.
This one-time funding support (this year) will be allocated towards school-related expenses, including:
- School supplies
- Field Trip funds
- Family food security
- Basic necessities
- Other necessities
The funds will be available through gift cards from Nesters for foods and other supplies. We will also continue to support anyone who requires assistance with paying to participate in our hot lunch program. If you require support in one of the other above areas, feel free to inquire and we will do our best to accommodate on a case-by-case basis.
If you would like to access the affordability fund, please let the office know by email to myself at [email protected] & share what you may need support for from the above list. Please be patient while we organize getting these gift cards and a system in place to support our families. If for whatever reason you have not heard back from me within a week, please re-send just in case it was missed. We don’t want any barriers for you to receive this support.
The School District is happy to announce that they are also partnering with local food banks to specifically support school food programs. At Myrtle Philip we receive lunch items weekly from Whistler Community Services Society. Thank you to the volunteers who make this program possible.
Stay tuned for more creative ways to support our families.
Whistler Public Health Vaccination Information
Local Vancouver Coastal Health Clinics are available to provide Influenza and COVID vaccines. Please see the link, for information on upcoming clinic times. You an book a FLU and/or COVID immunization appointment at:
www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca/s/ or by Phone 1-833-838-2323
For more information on COVID vaccines you can visit https://alpha.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine
Please, review your child’s immunization record and book an appointment at the Health Unit for school age vaccines that are overdue. Grade 1-3, please, ensure kindergarten entry vaccines have been done.
For information about childhood vaccine schedule in British Columbia
If you have any questions regarding your child’s immunizations or would like more information on COVID or FLU vaccines please call 604- 932-3202 and ask to speak with one of the public health nurses- Randi Greer or Evelyn de Montreuil.
I wish you and you staff a safe and happy holiday season,
Randi Greer RN, BSN
Public Health Nurse
Whistler Community Health
Email: [email protected]
EASE- Managing Worries and Anxiety at Home
- Forms (G-Suite permission, Walking Field Trip, Media Consent, Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation) to fill in for your child as required by the school district;
- Indigenous ancestry self identification forms
- Agendas (K to grade 5)
- All students who seek bus transportation are now required to register annually to receive a bus pass and to have a bus seat allocated to them. We encourage you to review District Policy 806 for more information about your child’s eligibility for school bus transportation. Here is the the registration form to register your child(ren) for the bus.
- Passes have been issued to all eligible students who have registered to ride the bus for the 2022/2023 school year (lanyards have been ordered and will be distributed asap).
- Go to the App Store or Google Play and search for “School News by Edlio” to install.
- Open the app and search for the school; tap “Add School.” If you have kids in other Edlio-powered schools, add them to the app too.
- Enable push notification by going to the Alerts tab and tapping “Enable Notifications.”
- When dropping off or picking up in the bus loop parents must remain IN THEIR CARS at all times. This means no helping little ones with seatbelts, backpacks, or walking them to their classrooms. It is integral for safety that while in the bus loop the driver is always in the vehicle and behind the wheel.
- Parking in the bus loop is also prohibited. This is a quick drop off or pick up area. If you need to park please continue to the parking lot to do so.
- Children are walking through the parking lot all the time, please slow down to ensure safety.
- Please do not park your car anywhere that is not a designated parking space (this includes at the edges of the bus loop and the exit of the actual parking area).
Dogs on School Grounds
- In the first few weeks of school we have lots of new little faces joining our school community. Many of our new small humans may be nervous around dogs. It is important that all dogs on school grounds be accompanied by an adult and be on a leash. We also ask that individuals bringing their dogs to drop off and pick up be mindful of the kindergarten entrance and try not to bring dogs into where the students are lining up and listening to morning instructions.