October 28th 2022
- Halloween: Halloween dance party
- Cross Country Practice
- Earthquake Drill 12:10pm
- ESQE Cross Country meet (rescheduled from October 27th)
- PAC Meeting 1pm (library)
Trinkets and Treasures
Trinkets and treasures, a WCSS fundraiser, is coming up Thursday December 8th. At this event each child will have time to shop for presents for their family members.
On the day of the event please send your child to school with a pillow case or cloth bag that will be tied up with ribbons and will hold all the gifts for your family. Please also send $2 for each item your child will be purchasing. Each child can purchase one gift for each family member that lives in their house.
For the event to run we need donated items. Item drop off will begin Thursday December 1st until Wednesday December 7th.
This year we will NOT be accepting any used clothes. Remember, please do not donate any broken items or items missing pieces. Items also need to be of a size that the child can carry it home after school.
Favourite items for kids to gift to parents include:
- NEW ski/snowboard/bike gloves, socks, hats, toques, paraphernalia (think swag you may have been given that doesn’t fit you)
- Board and card games
Favourite items for kids to gift to siblings:
- Sparkly things
- Board games
- Trending items
Volunteers are needed to make this event run. We will need volunteers the afternoon and evening before to set up the “store”, volunteers during the event to help the students, and volunteers to tear down after school ends that day.
Contact Dana Elliott, Trinkets and Treasurers Coordinator, if you have any questions.
EASE- Managing Worries and Anxiety at Home
- Forms (G-Suite permission, Walking Field Trip, Media Consent, Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation) to fill in for your child as required by the school district;
- Indigenous ancestry self identification forms
- Agendas (K to grade 5)
- All students who seek bus transportation are now required to register annually to receive a bus pass and to have a bus seat allocated to them. We encourage you to review District Policy 806 for more information about your child’s eligibility for school bus transportation. Here is the the registration form to register your child(ren) for the bus.
- Passes have been issued to all eligible students who have registered to ride the bus for the 2022/2023 school year (lanyards have been ordered and will be distributed asap).
- Go to the App Store or Google Play and search for “School News by Edlio” to install.
- Open the app and search for the school; tap “Add School.” If you have kids in other Edlio-powered schools, add them to the app too.
- Enable push notification by going to the Alerts tab and tapping “Enable Notifications.”
- When dropping off or picking up in the bus loop parents must remain IN THEIR CARS at all times. This means no helping little ones with seatbelts, backpacks, or walking them to their classrooms. It is integral for safety that while in the bus loop the driver is always in the vehicle and behind the wheel.
- Parking in the bus loop is also prohibited. This is a quick drop off or pick up area. If you need to park please continue to the parking lot to do so.
- Children are walking through the parking lot all the time, please slow down to ensure safety.
- Please do not park your car anywhere that is not a designated parking space (this includes at the edges of the bus loop and the exit of the actual parking area).
Dogs on School Grounds
- In the first few weeks of school we have lots of new little faces joining our school community. Many of our new small humans may be nervous around dogs. It is important that all dogs on school grounds be accompanied by an adult and be on a leash. We also ask that individuals bringing their dogs to drop off and pick up be mindful of the kindergarten entrance and try not to bring dogs into where the students are lining up and listening to morning instructions.